Thursday, June 24, 2010

from Veronica

Veronica says "I've been going to Evanston every Wednesday for a few months. On Lake Shore Drive, a little bit north of the North Avenue bridge, is a long stretch of grass next to the lagoon. One day I saw a stand of yellow trees. I thought that they were newly budded weeping willows. But then slightly further up the road I saw huge, mature trees in yellow and blue! Every time I passed those trees I wanted to see them up close. So today I did. I took the North Avenue exit. I had to drive pretty far to find a parking space and found myself at Lincoln Park Zoo. I walked through the zoo and back tracked until I found the trees. On my way I saw the lions, reindeer and a South American mountain goat. I followed a path to exit the zoo and finally was upon them. Magnificent dancing trees! I took several pictures with my phone. I wanted to take pictures further back, but as I was walking I got attacked by some orioles, apparently guarding their nest. They not only swooped down on me but also pecked me on the neck. I wasn't hurt, though and it made me laugh.

I walked back through the zoo. I visited the penguin house. I stopped to look at the black rhino and talked to the keeper for a while. I actually learned something.

A perfect way to "follow the day" as Marcel liked to remark. "






No comments:

Post a Comment